HomeGeneral

General chat and topics

be best filled by an English coach Messages in this topic - RSS

wh3171
wh3171

12 days ago
wh3171
wh3171
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger appears to have ruled himself out of the running for the England job after saying he believes the role would be best filled by an English coach. Marcedes Lewis Super Bowl Jersey . The Frenchman, who turns 67 at the end of October, is in the final season of his current Arsenal contract, having earlier this month marked 20 years in the job.Wenger suggested last week that it was possible he could one day manage England if he had no club commitments, but he has now played down his interest in taking charge. Watch NOW TV Watch Sky Sports for just £6.99. No contract. It is very important [that the manager is an Englishman], I have always said that, Wenger told beIN Sports.A country like England, with a huge football passion... and as well the structure of the national team [it] looks to me [that it] demands a guy from your own nation is the leader. Cazorla: Wenger may continue Midfielder says Frenchman has given no indication he is leaving the Gunners If you think that tomorrow you are the coach of France and you play against England, when the national anthem is played of England, you cannot sing it and you cannot sing as well the anthem of the team you are leading.It looks to me a bit strange, that is why I like what is logical.... I think it is better [to have an Englishman]. Wenger has been in charge of Arsenal for 20 years England U21 boss Gareth Southgate has stepped up to take charge of the senior team for the next four games, although FA chief executive Martin Glenn says Wenger would be among the candidates who perfectly fit the criteria as the search begins for the permanent successor to Sam Allardyce.Wenger, though, says he has yet to hear from anyone at the FA over the vacancy.There has been no contact, he said. There is nothing really to add. Personally I want England to do well.You can watch Englands tour of Bangladesh, plus Premier League football and the Japan Grand Prix on Sky Sports. Upgrade now and enjoy three months at half price! Also See: Wenger could one day manage England Wengers early days Cazorla: Wenger may continue No rush on Wenger future ZaDarius Smith Super Bowl Jersey . On Saturday, the paths of Drew Tate and Kevin Glenn cross again as opposing quarterbacks. Lane Taylor Super Bowl Jersey . PAUL, Minn. http://www.officialgreenbaypackerspro.com/Brett-favre-packers-jersey/ . -- Victor Bernardez tied the game with his second goal in the 95th minute and the San Jose Earthquakes drew 3-3 with Real Salt Lake on Saturday night.DELRAY BEACH, Fla. -- John Isner and Marin Cilic notched quarterfinal victories Friday night to set up a semi-final match at the ATP World Tour Delray Beach Open. No. 4 seed Kevin Anderson of South Africa and American qualifier Steve Johnson will meet in the other semifinal. Isner was stretched to three sets for his third consecutive match, beating American qualifier Rhyne Williams 4-6, 6-3, 6-2. "Trust me, Id like to win it in two sets," said Isner, the American who is seeded second. Cilic, the seventh seed, now has won an ATP World Tour-leading 16 matches this season. The Croatian delivered 12 aces in his 6-2, 6-3 win against Gabashvili. "Good times are rolling," Cilic said. Johnson defeated No. 6 seed Feliciano Lopez 6-3, 6-2. The 24-year-old from the University of Southern California upset top-seeded Tommy Haas two days ago and earned a spot in the semifinals for the first time at an ATPP event. Aaron Rodgers Super Bowl Jersey. "Im playing composed tennis and staying within myself," said Johnson, who helped USC to four NCAA titles. Johnson had to win two qualifying matches to earn a spot in the 32-player main draw. Anderson, ranked No. 21 in the world, got into the semifinals by beating Australian Marinko Matosevic 6-7 (3), 6-3, 6-3. Neither player broke serve until 3-3 of the second set when Anderson broke Matosevic and went on to close out the set. He also broke Matosevic twice in the first four games of the third set and punctuated the victory with a 131 mph ace on the final point of the match. "Ive played him a couple times before (on the World Tour) and its a battle each time," Anderson said of Matosevic, who has yet to beat the former University of Illinois standout in three ATP matches. "I just hung in there and finally got that breakthrough in the second set." ' ' '
0 link